1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you guys like to see?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Our site (www.lawncaresuccess.com) which is linked to LawnSite is getting ready to make a lot of changes. Right now we offer a lot of free information about marketing, management, dealing with employees and clients, etc... We also provide new tips every week and we send out a monthly newsletter. We also answer any questions people have for free as well. We are placing a lot of new information on the site in the next 10 days or so and I want to know what you guys would like to see at our site. We will have links to hopefully every kind of site you can think of that pertains to this industry and owning a business in general. I have spoken to Chuck and he always has good ideas, and I just wanted to know what everyone else thought. Thanks for your input. We will try and accomodate every suggestion.

Sean Adams
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You mentioned that you are going to have a links page, I'll swap links with you it you want. I have yours up on my links page now.

I would like to see a Link on your site to Lawnsite.com :D
  3. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of folks starting in the lawncare business seem to have a difficult time understanding all of the variables involved in trying to determine their cost of doing business. More importantly how to use those numbers to determine their price to charge per hour or job etc. Maybe a little help on this topic would be in order. I think that I have a pretty good grasp finally of my operating costs etc. , but would be interested in any and all information on this subject.

Thank you, Bill Craig
  4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I just have to say THANK YOU. LawnCareSuccess.com is great in it's current state and thanks to your last newsletter I found this awesome LawnSite BB and have met some very friendly and informed people. All great things can always stand improvement and change (thats what makes them great) but you guys are doing a fine job now. Thanks again. :)

New ideas? How about "Yard-Mate Of The Month" feature? You know...Pam Anderson riding a Scag...Sandra Bullock behind a Bunton...you get my drift? heheheh ;)

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Eric...we have a 290x70 banner for LawnSite that works in rotation at the top and we place info about LawnSite in every newsletter and every e-mail we send out when we answer questions. We are going to do something nice for LawnSite when we change our format. Chuck is making me a small graphic as a link, but he hasn't had a chance to finish it yet. I have already recommended people to your site for the striping kit. I will certainly put a link for your site on our's as well. Thanks!

Bill... you are absolutely correct. We are going to offer a lot of ways for those who visit the site to find this kind of information, both by purchasing books and systems, as well as for free. We are still gathering what we have.

SLS.... I'm glad you like our site, and I'm glad we helped you find LawnSite. Good idea about Pamela/Sandra...have to see what I can find.
  6. AndrewLawn

AndrewLawn LawnSite Member

How about a lawncaresuccess magazine,you can distribute them for free to lawnsite.com members and at a reasonable rate to others,because you'll make most of the money from them through advertising.Um,maybe more articles about succesfull lawn-care companies are doing all over the country.It inspires me when I hear about landscaper owners making millions in this business without doing any work.Personally,thats what I'd like to do."I'd rather have 1% of the profit of 100 men's work,than 100% profit of my own work".Maybe you could talk about their beginnings,how they started out,their toughest years,when they started to "see the light",tips to other LCO's,what equipment they use,how much they make per year...just cool stuff. My .02

- Andrew -
  7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

No offense Andrew, but those guys running $1M operations probably work harder keeping everyone busy than we do working for our 100%.