What Would You Have Charged?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REENO, Jun 20, 2005.

1. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

Two And A Half Acre With A Semi-steep Hill Covering About 1/3 Acre.the Front And Back Are Pretty Flat. No Edging Just Trimming And Blowing. I Charged 75 And They Pay 80$. Just Starting Out With A Newborn Child At Home, So I Need To Be Up To Par On Prices. Thank In Advance From Both Of Us.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Double that. Are you using 21" for that?

3. daltonbuck

daltonbuck LawnSite Member

As said before, I would probably double that. Usually the way I price is by the hour. Fromt he time I pull up to the time I leave can be either $50/hr or $60/hr. I am pretty sure nearly 3 acres would take close to 2-3 hours with the blowing and trimming included.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

In your area you should be able to charge more than that. I would get 125 to 175 depending on the amount of trimming. Only one I can and will do cheaper than that is my church. God gets a steep discount from me.

5. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

Well How Would You Suggest The Price Change After Cutting The Yard Three Times?

6. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

I DONT KNOW IF U=HAVE TAKEN A LOOK AT MY EQUIP. BUT WITH 1 GRAND WHAT SHOULD BE MY NEXT PURCHASE? I HAVE A FRIEND(MORE LIKE A BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER) THAT LETS ME USE HIS TRAILER AND HIS RINDING MOWER WHEN HE IS NOT WORKING AND I CAN USUALLY WORK AROUND HIM

7. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

Does he stand in the yard while you mow? :D

Psss...Caps Lock

8. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

Nope He Usually Isnt Working That Day Ergo, Me Using The Equipment

9. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

YES AND A FRIENDS OLD RIDING MOWER