1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"What would you Like In A New 2007 Mower"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daner, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The all new 2007 mowers will be out soon.
    What would be the perfect mower In Its Class...The ztrs the w/b ,standers and the front mounts.
    Would you like to see some changes In the design of the older model machines, Like smooth front Casters tires? Or a deck that really mulches good...Maybe Higher vacuum...Weight?...What ever It may be.
    Tell Us what You think.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

A 200lb rider that can cut foot tall grass(in my area) in a single pass with no double cutting or clumping.
  3. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to agree there. I would like to see a 31hp Exmark AS, UltraCut with dual blade setup. And have it be under $8000.
  4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Frame built by Hustler designed in JD wide track style by Deere engineers, engine by CAT, with J.Deere 7 Iron II deck with double Fusion blades.................swweeetttt
  6. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I do like that mulch on demand that the 7 Iron J.Deere Has.
    It Will be Interesting to see what Exmark does to there Triton deck.
  7. John Gamba

from ct

If they where smart, they put meg-mos on that deck.
  8. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

John, have you used Meg-mos? I would really be interested in your take on them. The opinion on Meg-mos seems to vary greatly on this site depending on who you are talking to and there seem to be more bad than good.
  9. John Gamba

from ct

Yes i have. It all depends on the deck depth and the kind of grass you are cutting. I will say one thing, there great on leaves.
  10. 101numlock

101numlock LawnSite Member

i would like to see a 20+ hp walker bagger with z like controlls and under $10,000.