What would you like to see on lawnsite.com to make the site better.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by easy-lift guy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Actually I did not start this thread for the reason you have stated. I counted no less than 9 threads on the first Five pages of this forum that have nothing to do with this industry. I will not say that the members that have posted these threads are lazy per say, however I believe they just don't care enough to consider the purpose of specific forums on this web-site. I believe the technology does exist under key words that can steer specific topic material into the appropriate forum.
    easy-lift guy

2. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes when I don't like the conversations being had someplace I leave and come back a day later. You know, let the crowd change. If I find that I don't fit in someplace I don't go there anymore. Mama taught me that. I have heard others say if I don't like a conversation I should change it. I'm not good at that, and on a forum it is called hijacking. So I am back to leaving the room and letting it air out a bit.

3. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

The one thing I'd love to see is being able to filter out specific forums (specifically: Politics) out of the New Posts results.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

send me a PM with this request and I can check into that for you

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

^^^ What he said. Politics is the primary one -- others are way down the list in priority.

6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

The most annoying part of ALL forums for me are threads that are titled..... Why? What Happens? Or other non specific headings. keep up the good work Michael, Charles and gang.

7. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

I wish there was a like button for that post. Nothinglife changing in there I need to type a response about, but I like and agree with that comment.

8. ColliCut Land Mgmt

ColliCut Land Mgmt LawnSite Member

I agree with this, I'd love for the "New Posts" results to only list stuff from the forums I'm interested in. Great idea!!

Also, and this one isn't anything the mods can change, just a pet peeve of mine.. I can't stand it when someone quotes a huge page-long post (especially one full of photos) to reply to it. You end up scrolling down forever to get past a bunch of stuff you've already seen/read. :dizzy:

9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

If there was a way that "key words" could be picked up. So that the thread would automatically be placed in the appropriate topic. To that end, if people would be more specific with their "subject title". Less likely for problems, as to "'what is this'"???:confused: Also, when it is an inquiry about a specific problem, POST SOME PICS!!!:)

10. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

No more pop up ads when signed in!!!