What would you like to see on lawnsite.com to make the site better.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by easy-lift guy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed!
    Not sure how it would be taken by some posters, but if you mods could reword poorly titled threads so that it would assist the OP...it seems this would get more responses/good advice, which is generally what the OP is wanting after all.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

YES PLEASE
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Also, the forum will not allow us to post the same picture twice.

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

There are times where IT IS NECESSARY to post the same picture more than one time. Someone could ask a question tomorrow and I may post a pic to provide a visual.

Then 20 months later someone may ask another question and the same pic may be of help for answering that question. We can't remember what pics we post, so we go to all the trouble to answer and help and try to post a pic and the forum kicks it back.

This needs changed

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Sticky threads would save a lot of bandwidth.

One question that comes over over and over in the hardscape forum is "how much per SF?"

A sticky thread would fix that repetitive topic

5. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I find it frustrating that are a few members in the politics section that only post there or 99% of the time. This is a landscaping lawncare forum. I wouldn't mind if the politics section was removed. It seems to be edited by the mods more than any other section
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

True. AND YES I ALSO POST THERE. But I'm finding out that some of these "politicers" don't even work in the industry. Yet they monopolize lawnsie.com to push their political agenda! Nothing wrong with robust debate. But at the same time, find a more appropriate forum. Or just get a life!!!!

7. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Down with anything non related . If I wanted news, politics and garbage I would not come here, I would just watch CNN.
    I come here for the many great members and the many great threads within our industry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I would appreciate the possible consideration of making it possible to upload a photo directly from a I-phone possible without the need for a hosting site IE: photobucket.

I also like the idea of posting the same picture more then once after a set length of time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we appreciate any/all suggestions and recommendations and we can consider implementing some of those suggestions. not guaranteeing what/how any suggestions would be implemented but it can be discussed on our end and I will let you know

some have made mention of the politics forum...although we have no plans to remove that forum, you can send me a pm, or email (mike@mooserivermedia.com), regarding that if you do not want to view and/or post in that specific forum and I can assist you with that

10. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

14 threads having nothing to do with this industry on the the First 5 pages of this forum 11:23 AM EST 2-22-14
    Is it possible for the 14 threads in question to be automatically moved from this forum to the off topic forum?
    Any other opinion or suggestions?
    easy-lift guy