What Would YOU Like to see???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Gatewayuser, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer who is a magazine publisher for many service type businesses and he would like to publish a mag in are industry. What would everyone like to see in a magazine to make it the best? It would be free too!

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Tips and tricks to lower cost, such as where to get parts cheaper, especially lawnmower parts but others as well... Someone who can cross-reference stuff for us like the high-speed sealed bearings that cost me $50 / set, I am SURE some bearing manufacturer sells them way cheaper, like the Kohler oil filter that costs $10 each but I use an automotive filter that costs $3 each, rubber grommets that cost $1+ at the dealer but I order mine from Mid-Atlantic rubber co. for 43 cents each (100 grommets minimum order), stuff like that.

Mechanical / maintenance time, money, and headache savers. Like how to replace the transmission belt without first taking off the blade belt which is in the way, how to convert certain things to quick-release, blade-sharpening tips, stuff like that.

DIY How-to's, like how to make your own striping kit, with diags and pics.

I'd scarf that mag up before the ink got dry.

3. Gatewayuser

How to save money and cross referenced parts cheap, sounds good to me too. If you want to save money on air filters I got mine at Lowes in the spring sale for $5 each they run $20 at the mower place. Kind of weird my commercial engine takes the same filter as a home owner riding mower.

Thanks, Keep them coming!

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

A magazine of substance, packed full more with hard hitting, and interesting,informative industry related articles, in place a magazine packed full of adds,for mowers and equipment.

5. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Magazines are pretty much irrelevant as long as I have the net. I can find anything I want online and I won't bother with printed matter. The net is an endless resource and I can't imagine life without it.

6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What new in the industry. Good products at low prices. Demos by lcos. I like to read monthly magazines. :)

7. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

unbiased equipment reviews.

8. Gatewayuser

I'm with you on that you never read anything bad. I think that could be very possible.

9. Gatewayuser

Kind of like Lawn and Landscape right? Thats the kind of mag I like too!
    Don't forget the adds make it FREE and worth my customers time!
    What kind of adds do you not mine? I personally like the ones for new chemicals at the beginning of the year before I purchase.
    Thanks everyone the more thoughts the better for all of us!!!

10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Oh yeah a classified section. Every month they should fucos on products that most LCOs use doing that season/ time peroid. For the demos the should have 2 LCOs write about the same product which they each demoed so its balanced out unlike T**f.