What would you pay for mower/trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rook00, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a Great Lakes Cargo enclosed trailer, 7x14, tandam axle, 4 wheel elect. brakes, extra interior height (7'), spring-assist rear ramp door, 36" side door, two salem vents in side walls, 2 dome lines with wall switch, and 5 year warranty for $3995.00. What do you think?

Also, I can get a demo Encore Prowler, 61" cut, 27hp Kaw Liquid Cooled, 244hrs on machine, full 2 year warranty (parts AND labor), new blades (plus old set), new belts, new filters, new fluids. All this for $6500 and no tax. Also, he has a hitch welded on for pulling capabilities. What do you think?

Thanks a lot!
  2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Trailer sounds like a fair price, I think you could do at least $500-$1000 better on the mower though. Good Luck
  3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Find out how much you can pull with that hitch though, because Z's aren't supposed to pull as much as regular lawn tractors.
  4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a trailer same specs for $4299 but it sounds like the mower is a bit high so all in all its par.
  5. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

the same mower new is $7,900, and this one carries the same warranty, plus an extra set of blades, not to mention that this is your "dream" dealer.

This dealer's house is right up the drive and he'll have a part out for you any time of the week, day or night! But you're right, its all par. Guess we have to get what we can. Thanks.
  6. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

thanks again for the help. . . anymore?