What would you say?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnEmpire, Nov 8, 2005.

1. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

Last year i was doing a job that was roughly 3 acres, slipt into 3 diff sections so its about 1 acre per section with a few trees here and there. It took me about 2.5 hours to cut trim and blow. I was getting $175 per cut which from my understanding was a low bid because i heard the guys who did it the year before got $250 per cut. Now my question is does that pricing sound right to you?? whats your input?

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

id say $200

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

70 bucks an hour isn't that shabby IMO...

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

If your making money at it than $175 is okay. Don't let other companies set your prices alot of times you can still make good money at a price way lower than some of the big boys

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

how you doing neighbor... where is this, ottawa hills? I have a hard time getting 40 per acre for a three acre job, they just wont pay anymore where im at, im really closer to fremont then toledo though.... id say its pretty good....

6. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

How many guys on the job? Really as stated above if you are making money (profit) then I would not worry, keep the same price and keep the customer. Just my 2 cents

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I'd probably do it for that.