What would you use to water an area 40'

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Hypothetical situation. Say you have an area 40' x 160' with 50 psi. What would you use and spacing? 40' is too far for residential rotors with this psi, too far for 2 lines of MP2000's.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't use anything until I got more information.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

one of the best no BS answers in a while.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Let's just say you are working with about 15 available gpm & 50 psi. You're not going to get a rotor to reliable throw 40' so would you space MP3000's 20 feet apart and throttle them down.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Still got nothing man. 15 GPM @ 50 PSI where .... POC, valves, nozzle ... Is that a static PSI or dynamic? Why do you think you can't get 40 feet out of a resi-comm rotor?

6. I'd use three lines of MP2000s in triangular spacing if that is your choice of head. Maxi paws rule in these types of situations though.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I find it difficult to actually get 20' out of a MP2000. Can you actually get 20' without ALOT of extra pressure?

8. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

This is all hypothetical. Let's say 50 static after the backflow. Assume you have approx 15gpm per zone to work with. I realize you can get 40' out of a head but the larger size nozzle required would mean putting very few heads on a station which would mean I would have an excessive # of stations.

What head/nozzle would you use to throw 40' or would you divide it into 2 and throw 20'?

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

20' would be a stretch with minium psi.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

yes

Hypothetically speaking, without an estimated nozzle pressure you have nothing here. Hypothetically if I could assume 40-45 psi at the nozzle I would be using RB5000 series with a #4 nozzle on the 180's.