What would your dream trimmer have on it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, May 1, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Like say in a 27cc. Here's some stuff I'd like to see:

*2:1 gear reduction (like Echo)
    *clockwise trimmer head rotation
    *quick removing spark arrestor for easy cleaning
    *flex trigger like Redmax (unbreakable)
    *Thermoplast engine housing (virtually indestructible and lightweight)
    *fully enclosed fuel tank with sightline for easy fuel level monitoring with reduced hydroscoping- for this ethanol gas we have to use
    *extra large gas tank filler neck
    *Speedfeed style head
    *Edgit as the trimmer guard
    *[hollow?] steel or composite shaft (whichever is lighter)
    *turbine precleaner on airfilter
    *10lb overall weight

What other features would you like to see?

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Company logo t-shirt w/ the name Jose.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The girl in the picture would come with me

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

what girl ? Pix??? Uncool man!

Never mention a girl in a thread without pix! That's a direct violation of man law #6732 !

5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Hey isn't it a little early of the week for dreaming??!!! We still have the dream hedge trimmer we left off Sunday night to be continue on Saturday!!!:laughing::laughing:

Well, since you ask, I want electronic ignition so we can have more power for smaller engine.

Anyone think it is useful to have a rotatable ( turn by the shaft ) head, I mean you can rotate the trim head so you can do edging without having to hold your trimmer upside down. It should not affect the mechanism at all, you just loosen the head( shaft), turn it, and lock it down. The adjustment should be close to the loop handle so you don't have to put it down to adjust, you can just loosen a knob and turn the whole shaft with head on the fly to put the head into a different angle. This would very useful for trimmer with bike handle. You get better control and more confortable with bike handle, but it is almost impossible to change the angle of trimming. With the turnable shaft/head, you can just adjust and trim.

This is not a dream, you can almost modify the shaft on the existing trimmer.

6. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Electric start, very powerful, and light wieght so I could hand it to my helper:)(when I get one)

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Okay, I'll want is something that is balanced doesn't vibrate and is light 10 lbs. That's all I want if it can be done. :rolleyes::laugh::laugh: And that has a gearbox that doesn't start breaking after two years and a clutch that doesn't start acting up after one year. A few of you should know what I'm talking about with my trimmers I've owned. lol.

9. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

if the idiot cant start it i dont want him running it. If my guys cant start the thing they cant run it simple as that.

P.S. this is y i spend like 5 mins looking at the controls on anything befor i attempt to run it so i dont look like a fool.

As for the trimmer lots of power less noise and lighter

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No ES for me, but I'm all for lighter, and more fuel efficient but no power compromising now.
    Also vote on longevity, they did get better but...

Ahhh no you have to go to the dealer for the pics, it's only fair.