What would your game plan be?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by NWRH, May 6, 2014.

1. NWRH

NWRH LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you all would look at this project and what your game plan would be to do the job. This is a park area that has had 0 attention for a few years and now the HOA wants to get it back in shape. What would you do?

Park.jpg

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

The first thing i would do is to take that fence down, that make's it look like a cemetery to me. It's hard to suggest anything else without a better picture.

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Before you squander any additional time you should secure a bid specifications sheet from the HOA. If the HOA can at least provide you with this information go forward from there, otherwise don't waste your time.
    easy-lift guy

4. NWRH

NWRH LawnSite Member

Yeah sorry the picture is so crappy. I could do without the fence as well just gets in the way but I doubt they want to remove it. It's basically just a lot that has a sidewalk through it and a few established landscape plants throughout. At one time it looks like they just barked the whole thing but now its all overgrown with weeds.

How would you guys prep it if you were going to do on of the following.
    A. Bark the whole thing again
    B. Sod
    C. Hydro seed

Till the whole thing? Thanks for the comments thus far, appreciate it.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

One way to do it, and one of the cheapest, would be to remove everything and plant grass from seed in the fall. But that fence has got to go, in my view anyway.

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It looks too steep to mow easily. Or perhaps sod the gentle slopes and use blue rug juniper in the steeper areas--supplemented with a ground cover like ajuga or potentilla. Is it suited for a few park benches, a bit of playground equipment, and a couple shade trees?

7. cotyledon

cotyledon LawnSite Senior Member

Meandering path thru low water native plantings, butterfly garden, children's garden. But that what I suggest for everywhere :)
    Posted via Mobile Device