What year did the Scag velocity deck come out?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Since my dealer showed me a new mower (Turf Tiger) today with a 31 hp briggs and they didn't offer the 31 in 06 or 07 it must be a left over 05. So I'm guessing it has the advantage instead of the velocity deck? Just the fact that he didn't tell me it was a left over makes me suspicious. So when did they switch to the velocity deck (what year?)

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

2006 it came out are you sure the 31 did not come out in 05.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I'm thinking he was showing me an 05 and I looked under the deck and thought it was a velocity but now I'm thinking it was an 05 with the advantage. No wonder he was pushing it so hard. I thought I was getting a deal on a new mower with the Velocity when in fact I was looking at a mower that had been left over for two years (just a guess). Not knowing much about Scag I was easily fooled. I would have never imagined an 05 still on the sales floor. I would still be interested if it had the velocity but no doubt they did not come out till 06. That's what I have you guys for. I could have easily made a mistake.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

To me the velocity is better,now you can get a warranty on leftover mowers but if there is not much saved i always go with new.