What Year is my Fastrack

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by vzts4q, Jun 10, 2008.

1. vzts4q

vzts4q LawnSite Member

I have a 44" Fastrack model number 926519 ser number 04040455. And have a couple of questions about it. First what model year was it? I did buy it new in August of 2006 so I have assumed it is a 06 model. I really like it (since I got the flex forks)
    What I don't like is that the deck is the same width as the track so when mowing around things the rear wheel runs over whatever I am cutting around. It seems that if the deck were a little wider that the track this wouldn't happen as much.
    I did not have this problem with my previous lawn tractor because it had 4 wheel steering.
    The only other complaints that I can think of is that I have never been able to get the left side bypass valve rod to work.
    And the gas caps always leak fuel :confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your serial # tells me your mower was built in 2004.
    The 44" units have no trim side as you have mentioned, the 52" was more of a popular unit for this reason, it has a good 5 inches of trim.
    Your bypass rod can be adjusted a bit to take care of your issue there.
    Your gas caps can be replaced with a newer style, your dealer can help you out there, we went through a few different caps back in 04 / 05.

Pj

3. vzts4q

vzts4q LawnSite Member

Are any decks interchangeable to my machine and if so what ones? And how well do the mulching attachments work?

BTW Thanks to the quick reply to my last question.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The decks are not interchangeable, sorry.
    The frames are different on the mowers.

5. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I didn't realize this until after I bought the unit, but my Serial #: 06050661
    tells me that this mower is an 06. Is that correct? I bought the unit in 1/08, supposedly brand new. I paid full price. The build date stickers on most everything say 3/06. So, when I bought the unit brand new it was essentially
    1 1/2 years old? Like I said I paid full price. I am now starting to have all sorts of little problems, the unit is sitting in the shop right now. It is at Northeast Mowers. You have told me before that there is another dealer in Lakeland, but I am not going to drive that far every other week with this machine. I know that Hustlers are good mowers, but I feel like I got a machine that just sat outside for 1 year or so. Most everyone that I've talked to loves the machines, but I almost hate mine. Come on HUSTLER, help me, please.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The unit is new, if it didn't cut grass and wasn't sold to someone else.
    I can look it up, but if I recall correctly this unit came out of a regional warehouse when your dealer ordered it.
    There is not difference in the unit from 06 to 07, the name changed and thats all in January of 08.
    Our regional service manager has attempted to contact you today, he left you a voice mail.

Pj

7. sweetz

I understand that there was nothing that changed from 06-08 except the name, I was just wondering how long this unit sat before I bought it. (Car dealerships even have end of the year sales to where they are trying to get rid of last years cars - the old models - that doesn't mean they're not new). My point is that I bought it new 1-08, but it is an 06 - meaning that it sat around for almost 2 years. If there was oil in it, was it changed? How old was the gas in it when I bought it? Why are a lot of other dealers that I see/hear about selling this machine as an old model for like $3900? I think it was only a day or two after I bought this machine that I went to the HUSTLER website and saw no mention at all of the Mini-Z. It was all Fast Track. So I guess if I could've waited a week or so, I would've saved about $1,000.:cry:
    So....I bought brand new in 2008 a 2006 mower. The TORO Timecutter that I bought new 4-23-07 is actually an 07...what a shock. :dizzy: Even though that TORO is just a high end consumer mower, it has held up better and caused me less downtime than the HUSTLER. Oh, and the TORO has over 150 hours on it and I've owned it over a year. The HUSTLER is suppose to be a true COMMERCIAL mower, it was more than twice the price of the TORO, it only has 57.4 hours on it and I have had it for less than 6 months. I love that TORO, but I have very mixed feelings about the HUSTLER right now.

The regional service manager did call me & left a voice mail, but I could not hear the phone or check the phone earlier, I was working, sorry. I will call him back.

Just curious, I already know the answer to this, but I just want to see what yours/HUSTLERS response is. Will it hurt the engine in the HUSTLER to change the oil at 25 hours and not the recommended 100?

Oh, I got my mower back from the shop around 11am today. They adjusted the deck (the front was about 3/8" higher than the back:confused:, they lowered the front:) ), they touched up the paint that was just peeling off, they replaced the armrests because they were peeling apart, they adjusted the tracking (it was never right), & they could not duplicate the problem that I am having with the starter switch or the PTO switch so they couldn't do anything. They also tightened the bolts that were unscrewing themselves (because of the vibrations), but they will start to come off again, so...I'm gonna buy a bunch of lock washers and take the bolts out and put them back on with lock washers. I was very happy with their response time. They even touched up the left side of the deck so that it looked new again. Thank you Northeast Mowers. :cool2:

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I cant see how your unit was selling for 3900, that is below dealer cost.
    AS to changing the oil at 25 hours, its not going to hurt anything, it may be a bit of over kill, but thats not a problem.

Pj

9. sweetz

PJ,
    Thank you very much for all of your help and quick replies. :usflag:

Ya, so it is basically my choice if I want to be the idiot out there changing my oil every week or two!!! :laugh:

Thanks!

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem.
    You wouldn't be a idiot, many people over maintain thier products, I wouldn't hesitate to one bit.

Pj