What year is my National h70 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by esalci, Jul 5, 2008.

1. esalci

esalci LawnSite Member

:cool2:I have a National H70 three wheel drive mower. It only has 420 hrs on it and was kept inside from what I was told. I bought it with another one, a jacobsen, by accident at an auction. I thought my friend wanted it but turns out he does not.
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell what year it is and how much its worth, or if anyone is interested Ill give you a great deal.
    I saw one on ebay for 9500 and one on craigslist for 8500 but no idea what years they are to compare values.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am happy to help get it to a trucking company our what ever to ship it if your out of California.
    Sincerely Eric
  2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I need serial numbers of the unit as they depict year of manufacture as well as differences between machines of the same model
    Post a photo, if you can, of the reel assembly looking forward from the front through the reel, a second photo of the rear of that same reel and a close up of the reel blades themselves.
    Nationals are difficult to spin grind properly due to the composition of the reel - one of the reasons they are so durable yet difficult to maintain unless one knows what they are doing.