What You Can't Live Without...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I am not talking about the obvious here....family, friends, money, food, water, etc.... that stuff is obvious. For me, it is my BlackBerry....I am looking at it every 2 minutes. So what can't you live without?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Hope,faith,health,ambition,honesty,integrity,an open mind, love, truth.

I could loose my yearly lottery check and all the toys that go with it and I could give a crap as long as I still have the above.

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

As much as I hate my blackberry because it is a pain in the a** and is always messing up, I would have to agree and say my blackberry also. If I ever leave it at home, I freak out and go back for it. No calls, emails, texts, or checking lawnsite from time to time. I couldn't handle it.

4. scottgalat

scottgalat LawnSite Member

Cell phone. How we ever managed without them....I've mentally blocked out those memories. Mobilizing changed everything. Being able to sell to new customers, while servicing a current customer, managing the troops from afar....and being reminded to bring home a loaf of bread, nice.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't know.

I've had the same cell phone for the past three years, and my wife gets on my butt for not answering it when I'm working. If people really need to get a hold of me, they can leave a message. Not too many people have my cell number either, I always give out my office number, they can call that, get in line, and I'll call them back when need be.

I guess I would have to say my truck. If I couldn't haul around my stuff. personal or business, then I'd be at a loss.

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

My computer. The ability to gather information so easily. I can't imagine not having that available.

7. GreenAcresLC

GreenAcresLC LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have to agree with scott on this one. My cell phone. A few weeks back, we were hit hard here in KY with a huge ice storm. Most landlines were dead, and cell service was out for a few days. Truly an odd feeling, not having contact with anyone other than the ones you were there with.

8. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

My computer, could leave the phone at home for all i care, Ill call them later. I also wish employees could do the same. Cant tell you how many times Ive had to tell people to stay off the phone.

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

My equipment for the business, Computer and cell phone is a must to

10. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Pocket knife. i never realize how much i use it until i forget it in my other pair of pants or on the desk or something. phone drive me nuts ill turn it off or leave it somewhere if i am in a bad mood.