1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what you do to a enclosed trail that 1 year old with holes in the walls????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rats5656, Mar 14, 2001.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

would put new 3/4 1/2 7/8 wood over it and make tight and new looking and then paint it and then it heavy .

would take the old wood out then put new wood in or what any idea would help me a great deal

there are holes from lazy workers leaving the brakes off and the machines moving around then the walls

2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't want the extra weight of thick plywood, but it might not matter to you. If you have Luann 1/4" it might be good to go to 3/8" or 1/2" at least around the lower 4 feet of the wall. Maybe you could try thin sheet metal (3/32" stainless.)

You may want to look at some type of anchor system. You could use stainless flush mount rings like on boats, or the mower bracket from Trimmer Trap.

Aren't employees wonderful? When I was young my dad complained that all some people thought they should do for their paycheck was show up. Now they think we should just mail them a check.
  3. Just take 3/4 that's about a foot high and put a dasher
    right over the existing material.

Real trailers that carry motor freight have this feature from the factory.

If you think mower damage is bad you have never seen
    damage done with a towmotor.