What you see..... is what you get.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Jun 23, 2004.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

not an inch more of turf. That's all there is to that lawn. They are willing to take weekly service, and there is absolutely no drive time because the lawn across the street is a good weekly account. Would you cut this lawn? If so, what would you charge?
    Not looking for guidance here, just starting conversation.

palmerslawn.jpg

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course, I'd cut it,trim it, and edge it for $25. Then I'd try to get a regular shrub trimming deal as well.....

3. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

$10
    for 5 minutes of work.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty nice little place there too I might add. Where is that, Philly?

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

if it was right across the street from an account i already have, i'd even do that for 20/weekly.

6. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I'd charge $25. Seems like those people would be pitas. There is a lot of edging and it needs to be 21". I dont know about you, but 21" lawns cost more to do, because the bigger equipment is just sitting.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

20 bux and yeah looks like you'd have to use the 21's but still even with edging and trimming it's 10 min. max. Easy and fast as it is I'd take a 100 yards like that.:D

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

here, i'd get about 10, maybe 15 a cut, because of the beds. that's just rountine service. I'd get a decent amount for the bushes, thatching, etc. this would take no more then 10 minutes complete with one person, and a 21". everyone always says a dollar a minute, right?

that looks like a Staten Island account, I keep telling you guys I can cut 80 a week with 21's!

companies wanting $100 a month for this, weekly service, would have no customers.

also, the good thing about houses this small, you're in and out before they have a chance to come out and chew your ear off, wasting time and causing you money.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I'd cut that yard, sure. that is assuming I had a 21" bagger on the trailer, which I don't.

I'd ask the same amount as my customer across the street.

if this yard is considerably smaller, I'd go proportionately less.

GEO :)

10. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got one that is a quarter of that account.. no trimming no edging. it takes about 5 passes with a 22" each pas is about 8 feet long. Takes about two minutes...5 bucks.

trevor