1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WHAT YOU THINK 2004 2500 Sierra Diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Axl, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Guy wants 25000 for an 04 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Diesel, Ext Cab, Ext bed, cloth interior, 88,000miles.

What do you guys think???????
  2. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

id just buy a new one if thats what theyre going for used.

i have a 2005 gmc 2500hd 6.0L gas that i paid $27,000 brand new with a fisher plow. so 24,300 without the plow. i think its about 7 grand more for the duramax and allison transmission. so you would figure around $32,000 brand new (duramax/allison, reg cab, long bed, 4x4). check out www.gmc.com and build your own truck. that will give you a ballpark idea of what a new one costs.

does it have the allison transmission?
    lot of miles on that truck already for the price.
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

that will give you MSRP.....not what they are actually going for.....I recently priced out a new Dodge, Cummins, 2500 extra cab and it was $39,400 out the door.....I didn't buy it.....
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Build your truck you want on GM.com and then subtract like 10grand and thats what it'll be for sale at, at the dealership
  5. OGM_Mows

OGM_Mows LawnSite Member

Configured how you said. Blue Book price on that truck is $21,285 for good condition. I took a guess on the other options, but I figured you were buying it as a work truck so I figured pretty basic options.

Those miles must be all highway miles, that would be a plus, but $21 k for a truck with almost 100,000 miles? Or worse yet, what he wants and $25 k for almost 100,000 miles?
  6. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

All duramax trucks have allison tranny's.
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Just for reference, I bought a truck that has the same options as that one but 4X4 and it is the 6.0L. It had 15,000 miles and I bought it for $22,900. I would skip that one.
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

cool, is this true all over? i went for a ride in an 06 with 2k on it with 6sp allison/duramax this weekend, and i liked it, ive always wanted a 05+ f350 but im starting to lean torwards the 06 silverado or sierra... i priced out one on their site

all tow/plow options
    long bed/extended cab
    duramax lbz/6sp allison trans
    no sunroof but about every other option, would like cloth if i can help it
    came to like 44k.. so for 34k you can get a truck like that? only thing is, i HATE their wheel combos. ford an dodge offer like 17s/18s/20s! i love the 20s 5 spoke wheel combo in the ford superduty.

i would HAVE to get some sort of 17" wheels for it and larger tires like 33s i think is the larger size i like. The truck stock looks like a big truck on donuts. lol
  9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

you guys are getting jipped. I now a dealer that is sellinng 5- 06 2500 Dodge crew cabs diesel 4x4 leather all optoins for 34,500 out the door. Oh yeah dodge doesn't make extended cabs any more:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Or a 06 ford f-350 regular cab, diesel 4x4 no optoins for 29,000
    GMCs I saw were selling kinda high out here
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Diesel engines have soi much life in them that 88k miles isn't that big of a deal. Is the truck all stock or does he have any modifications on it?