what you think

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i looked at a mowing job now he wants me to give a price for fixing a retaining wall. the wall is 7' long 5' high its leaning outward looks like going to fall. so pretty much have to dig out the one side little move some gravel then pretty much just restack it probably level the bottom out little bit. was thinking $80 what ou think of this price all just labor no material.
  2. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

:hammerhead: :dizzy:

$80???? You better stick to mowing
  3. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

If the wall was leaning it probably wasnt done right in the first place. Im assuming you want to do it right this time? Pull out the existing wall excavate for your base material and back for your drainage stone level and compact the base.. build the wall up.... oh yea shouldnt take more than an hour $80 bucks sounds good:hammerhead: :confused: :dizzy:
  4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

80 a square maybe :D
  5. Coopster81

Coopster81 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Holy Crap.........sooooo...i guess you really dont need the money huh? 80 just to lift one single block..haha , I would do it for 1000.00
  6. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

80 or 800?? I'd hope its 800 LOL
  7. well that would probably pay for a half a tank of fuel for your truck.
  8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

1/3 tank for me haha
  9. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

5' high is enough to seriously injure a small child. Wouldn't touch it to just patch it - then you're liable. Tell the owner the whole thing needs to be redone. Seeing as you haven't done it before I'd do some serious research and tell the guy you'll charge him $x per hour as opposed to a set amount - or bring someone in that knows what they're doing and let them estimate it. If he likes you enough he'll let you do it, just don't screw it up or you'll lose a good customer. I'd set your hourly rate a bit lower than usual because you'd be learning a new skill and it'll take you a lot longer than someone with experience. Good luck!
  10. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

ive done it lots before help out a buddy of mine few times and done my own yards. just never really actually had to give someone a price on doing it. i have pretty good idea on what to do.