1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What your biggest compaint about the Green Industry?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stihl036pro, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

What is your biggest complaint about the green industry? I'll tell you mine. One is not getting paid on time. The second is that in my small town that I live in it seems that other LCO's have nothing better to do than talk about what the other guy is doing. I always mind my own business and try not to worry about the other LCO's. Some of them are friendly but others are ridiculous. I just bought a new truck last week. Ford F-550 Mason dump. The 6.0 diesel. I love the truck. It seems that everyone knows everything about what I'm doing and everyone has an opinon on what I should spend my money on. I've heard a lot of little comits from people around town reguarding the price tag on the truck. Is it like that in other small towns?
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

#1 unlicensed applicators
    #2 Lowballers
    #3 anything to do with insurance
  3. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Yea, Those are high up on my list too.
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly the same here in Rhode Island, alot of the other LCO's
    are always talking about the other guy, I have become good friends with a couple of bigger LCO's, but the smaller guys for the most part act like @$$ho_es, but you just gotta stick to your plans. Late payments is just part of the biz, the talking behind the back just makes us all look bad, wish some of these guys would just grow up a bit. Well that's my 2 cents:cool2:
  5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Same here.

Most don't have a clue of what it takes to run and maintain a business like this.
    I don't let these people bog me down. Don't have time to set in the hen house.
  6. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I hate em!

I'm going through alot of loss at the moment cause some guys go out and by a 21'', trimmer and blower and think they are a profesional and I'm losing biz cause of these lossers.
    It realy get me going seing a scrub scalping one of my old accounts cause the owner wanted to save a couple of dollars.
    I so wish we had licensing laws here!
  7. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

After going to a house all summer long, I have a guy that needed directions on Friday how to get there.

He grew up here.

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

When dealing with a new customer and hearing "... why so much when the neighborhood kid only charges so little?...." Then having to explain the difference between the kid and my company, inlcuding professional staff and equipment, and also including a little talk on taxes and insurance.
  9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Pricing power
  10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

1) Non-payers :gunsfiring:
    2) Slow Payers
    3) unlicensed applicators
    4) explaining why I charge more than 12 year old with dad's mower (and NO OVERHEAD). That is the same kid that didn't show up the first 90 degree day, and is why they called me in the first place! DUH! :dizzy: