1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What your "dream" setup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by makktruck, May 18, 2013.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Just wondering what's your "dream" setup?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

A couple of F-150 super crew cabs filled with good employees and a trailer of equipment and remote control in one of my hands and a ice cold bud light in the other.

Yep, that would be about my dream setup! :dancing:
  3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Chevy C-5500 Duramax crew cab 4x4 fully loaded with 11' Knapheide landscape dump towing a 20' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer filled with two 48" GHS Walker's, 36" eXmark Turf Tracer and a Honda commercial 21". Stihl trimmers, edgers, chainsaw and hedge trimmers. Red-Max BP blowers. Plenty of ladders, shovels, pruners, rakes, back-pack sprayers, irrigation parts, and other hand tools.

Commercial crew:

Chevy C-5500 crew cab 4x2 Duramax fully loaded 11' Knapheide landscape dump w/ L-Pack toolbox towing 24' Haulmark enclosed filled with 2 72" SCAG diesel Turf Tigers w/ collection system, 52" Deere stander, 36" Turf Tracer, 2 21"
    commercial Honda's. All Stihl handhelds with the exception of Red-Max back-pack blowers. Tons of hand tools and replacement parts.

Construction crew:

Chevy C-5500 4x2 Duramax reg cab w/ Knapheide 14' heavy duty drop side contractor dump

Kenworth T-270 hooklift

Continued in next post :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

CAT 287C 2-speed MTL

CAT 272D XHP 2-speed skid steer

CAT 308E2 CR SB Mini-Ex

Ditch-Witch SK755

Bomag BPR 60-65D

Wells Cargo 20' trailer loaded with hand tools, shovels, tampers, cut-off saws, wheelbarrows, etc...

(2) Felling 12,500# 18' equip trailer

Isuzu cab-over w/ custom Reddick spray body

(2) L.T. Rich Z-Max sprayer/spreaders

GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax (boss' truck :) )

Nice house on 10 or so acres with shop for the business

9 good employees

smokin' hot wife (it's a dream after all) :laugh:

I'm sure there's some other crap I'm missing, but you get the gist.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Don't laugh, but my dream setup would be a chev"astro" van with trimmer racks and a 21" Snapper mower. My overhead would be nice and LOW!

My current set up is a chev 18' box truck, bop duelly , toro grandstand snapper 21 and sthil kombi with backup power head and a lot of attachments, its all nice but expensive as heck to keep it on the road.