1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What your guys do as soon as you leave

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Armadillolawncare, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha what Jack arses... I would not only fire my employee... I would beat him lol

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

gotta give him credit. He's got some skill on that machine. I only wonder if hes productive when hes not messing around.
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Well yea, he probably has to much seat time in a bobcat... someone get him on a shovel!
  5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I bet that's a rental lol.
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

When he breaks it, give him the bill. Let him know the old saying "you break it, you buy it" If he entered the video on Americas funniest home videos he should have enough money to cover the damages.
  7. lawnmagicinc

lawnmagicinc LawnSite Member
    from jax fl

it was a rentel lol
  8. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have had only one person in seven years and over 170 employees get caught doing something like that - and he was fired on the spot. I wouldn't even give him a ride to the nearest store (about three miles away) to call for a ride.
    I also held his check until I was able to ascertain how much, if any damage, he did to my tractor. In fact I never paid him for the last week. And when the state called I explained why he forfeited his pay and didn't have another problem.
    Had I actually caught him in the act I really don't want to think about how badly I would have tuned him up - it was the customer who called me back and explained what happened.