What your MPG?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Get Some..., May 31, 2012.

1. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Must be nice getting double digits MPG I only get 8 mpg towing 16x8' enclosed trailer. $200-250 a week in fuel:hammerhead: isuzu NPR diesel .

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's nice. What would 1 guy do if he worked by himself? Say he could only afford to buy one truck.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Isuzu diesel 5.2 NPR box...about 13 hwy and 10 in town.

Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7l supercharged 13-15 mpg
    Toyota Tacoma 4x4 3.4l 14-16 mpg

1998 BMW 323 ic 30-32 mpg! This is if you keep yourself from stomping the long pedal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Get Some...

Get Some... LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

My 85 Honda Accord gets 30+.....

Maybe I need to start mowing with a 21".

5. Richard Martin

Ha. I got you beat. My Mustang gets around 10 MPG in the city.

6. cgaengineer

I had an 87 Accord 4dr LX...33mpg going to FL...one of th neat cars I ever owned. The only problem was the vac assist on the two barrel carb messed up so I bypassed it so that when you stomped it it would open all the time every time. Great little car, drove it for many years. I also had to replace fuel pump...remove rear seat and about ten bolts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

You lack the twin screws I'm sure...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Richard Martin

Nah. I only have a purge valve. When it's run in that mode the mileage is probably comparable to his Camaro. Push the pedal to the floor, push the button in on the shifter and wait for the window switch to see 3500 RPM.

[​IMG]

9. cgaengineer

I had a good friend ask me to install nitrous on a civic...the only kit he could find was a 90 shot for a mustang...needless to say it was way too much for a 4 banger...when he stoned it it poured black smoke since it was the wet injection type. He asked me could I do anything about the smoke and I told him we could install the smallest gas jet and the largest nitrous jet...he said ok understanding the risks...one bottle of nitrous and 4 hours later the motor was shot, black con rod ends and rattling valves. It was the fastest civic I've ever rode in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. B&SFTW

B&SFTW LawnSite Member

2007 saturn ion, 40MPG highway, 27MPG city, 32-34 combined. loaded down with 1000LB of stuff (moving), including a giant rooftop carrier and a bike on the back, still get 30. since both properties I mow have the mower at the property, and all I have to bring is my trimmer, this is my "work truck". I can fit 6 bags of mulch in the trunk, another 6 in the back seat, or a trimmer and a chainsaw. it's all I need, for right now.