What Z-turn to buy with $4,000???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bukeeper1, Dec 5, 2006.

1. bukeeper1

bukeeper1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Looking to get a z-turn mower for around 4000.....Seems the hustler fast trak and cub cadet z force 50 are viable options...Any advice or opinions on these mowers?

2. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

None.......in that range just put your money into a 48" hydro WB. Much better choice.

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I have been asking myself this question this whole year and will be into next year until my workload becomes unbearable with only a 48wb. here are my thought on why I should/shouldn't buy this mower

Hustler mini fastrack 42'':
    great machine, well made, many great features, proven hydro units, price is right -but- was my answer until I convinced myself that a 42'' deck is just to small.

Cub rzt 50'':
    price is under what I was expecting to pay, 21 kawi(NICE), some good features has a good deck+cut -but- seems a little light for what I'm gonna make it do, a little to residential for me.

Cub z force50'':
    a lot of the same great features of the rzt, alittle more beef in the right places -but- not that much of a difference between the rzt and this to justify $1000 more. bottom line these machines arn'e good for more than 1000hrs. of commercial use.

As for the regular fastrack, last time I checked with my dealer, they were closer to 5K, little to much for me. I think my best option is to save up until I find a lazer with under 500hrs locally. But if I'm really loaded with mowing next spring, I'll be braggin' in the pictures forum about my new fastrack.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The gravely 34z or the encore,dixie, or exmark phaser. I have the gravely and it will get into any gated backyard that we have an abundance of here. I dont know much about the other mowers other than the dixie looks strong, and the exmark is an exmark and they are the best. I am happy with the gravely though. A few minor things I dont like, but nothing terribel.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

The CubCadet RZT isn't "to" residential, it's "only" residential.

The Z-Force (as long as you can find a new one and not a returned one) should work ok for you for your first year or so with it long enough to make more money to replace it with a full commercial unit. The Z-Force is covered by a 2 or 3 year residential warranty, and a 1 year commercial warranty (or it was last update I saw).

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at LESCO Z2's

7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

the hustler's you speak of are homeowner units pure and simple same with the cubs you would be wasting your money save a grand more and get into a commercial unit

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Mabye check into a used unit. Something like a fast track that could be bought for $5000 new could be bought for $4000 with a couple hundred hours on it?

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Used Commercial unit.

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

If your are looking for a true commercial ZTR and have the work I would put the 4000 down on a new ZTR and finance the rest over 3-4 years. Your costs would be minimal per month. I would do that instead of wasting money on a used mower or a homeowner class rider.