what ZT mower to get?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cmack56, Jun 30, 2004.

1. cmack56

cmack56 LawnSite Member

Need some help on what ZT mower to get. I have picked 3 to choose from. 1: Hustler Fasttrax 17/42 $3800 2: Husqvarna 17/42 $2999 and 3: Gravely ZT1740 $3500. I have to stay under 48" deck for fence gates. All three have the 17hp Kohler engine and they all have a foot adjuster for decks (is what I like about these). Any info or advise would be helpfull.

Thanks cmack56

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I would make a suggestion! Go and look at a country clipper! You will get a lot more mower for the dollar!

3. jeff41768

jeff41768 LawnSite Member

check out the Simplicity zero turn. I got one last week. I think it's the best buy out there. ( I did not check out country clipper , there were none near me.) I looked at almost everything under $5000.
    I sent about 2 weeks looking. Keep this in mind :
    How far away is the dealer, If you need parts.
    How long have they been around (dealer and mower Mfg).

4. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

I'd second the Country Clipper JAZee, if you have a dealer nearby. Of the 3 you mentioned, the Gravely would be my choice for commercial use.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't buy without checking out other mowers....

Oldtimer

6. fouracres

fouracres LawnSite Member

cmack56

I'm in the same situation as you are, want a ZTR but see no need to buy a commercial mower. The Graverlys look the best to me, I like the " Fabricated, welded 12 gauge steel deck, with 7 gauge steel spindle reinforcements.". All the forum complaints I see about mowers complain about stamped decks. It would be nice to get the striping kit free and installed for a change.

I will be looking at mowers with a twin (ZT 1944 or ZT 2148), I don't have gate limitations. My problem is the two bridges we have touse to mow the areas (geese reserve/depositories) around our pond. I don't want to replace them!