1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What ZTR can I get for around $5000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slapshotmike24, Jul 22, 2004.

1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I was wondering if I could get a ztr for around $5000. I am looking at getting a 50" or somewhere near there. I like Dixie Choppers but i was wondering if you know where I could get a ztr for around $5000???
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't touch a 5k ZTR for commercial use. Why don't you use the 5k as a down payment, finance the rest and buy a full out commercial mower. It will be cheaper in the long run anyway.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Might be able to find a use one. Have you looked in the "equipment for sale" forum?
  4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I found a 2004 Lazer Z HP 17/44 with 100 hrs yesterday for $4500.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Look aroud for a last year's leftover or a demo. I agree, you probably won't get much machine for less than $5g... That said, I bought my Super Surfer for $4500 brand new ( it was a left over). It's a 52" 22hp machine. I really don't want to sugest that you go into hock to invest in a new mower, however, five grand would be a lot down on just about anything.. Just to give you hope, I'll give you an example, My closest DC dealer had/has an extreme mowchine 30hp 60" demo that has/had ( I don't know if he still has it) 30 hrs on it, that he'd have sold to me for $7200. $2200 wouldn't be much to finance for a machine that productive ( if you needed something that size ) . Point I'm saying is there are deals to be had, you just gotta look pretty hard sometimes...

I hope I helped you....Good Luck
  6. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

7. lawnjockey51

lawnjockey51 LawnSite Member

8. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

would never buy used!your getting something that someone dont want.theres a reason they dont.if you have 5k buy new.just my opinion.nothing like the smell of new paint burning off the muffler.
  9. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I talked to my dixie chopper dealer and he gave me a price of $5889 for a 50" Silver Eagle with delux seat. I guess I will just have to finance it or wait longer. AND If anyone has a used 50" ztr I would be very interested in buying it.
  10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad you're in PA, I'd sell you my Super Surfer 52".. For a nice deal.