1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What ZTR do I buy?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by rhyno77, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I couldn't agree more with this post, and my ex-dealer friend (who sold out to the guys who have a store near 71 gearhead) told me the same thing, and he (my ex-dealer friend) is now a liason between Deere and HD/Lowe's. The machines are exactly the same as the dealers stock. According to my dealer friend, Deere's requirements for HD/Lowe's is that they can't sell below the dealer's or they lose their franchise rights.

One other thing- be extra careful when making quick turns not to snag the caster wheels on the ground/roots/etc. That is one glaring flaw in the design of Deere's less expensive products. I have fixed them that have been torn completely off from careless homeowners not paying attention. My repairs were ten times better than stock and vary similar to what Deere puts on their better machines.

2. rhyno77

rhyno77 LawnSite Member

Last night my dealer dropped off my new Exmark Pioneer E-Series with a 52inch deck and 24hp Kawasaki. Its more than I will ever need but god i love it! They also dropped off my Echo PAS-225VPB trimmer,blower, and power head. I have to admit this is replacing a void left from when my wife made get rid of my 2005 Harley Fatboy.

DSC01215.jpg

3. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice new mower.

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

That there is a fine machine you got! It is also a good looking machine.These new Exmarks are going to become a player in the residential market. Lots of luck with it!

5. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! Congrats!