1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What ZTR(s) do you own?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It seems like everyone has Exmarks, but all I see around here(my town) are Grasshoppers. However, I never see a Grasshopper listed on here. What are you guys using? Also, who wins out of Grasshopper vs. Walker vs. Exmark?
  2. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

3 exmark 60" zero turn and 2 button walker's.... Exmark fan for life!

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

2 Grasshopper last year sold them,3 2005 scags this year.
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I run JD and Exmark, like the deere better. Grasshoppers are not popular here.
  5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Hustler SUPER Z of course,Grasshoper dealer is 4 miles away,Hustler dealer is 20 miles away ,,,,,,the difference was well worth the drive! :waving:
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There has been some talk about Grasshopper on here, do a search... I demoed a unit, midmount, and gave my report of what I thought on here. The post was labled "grasshopper review" or something like that. Good solid machines, but definately are an acquired taste.
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I'm not in your area, but we use Ferris. Once you use a fully independant suspension mower, you will not want to use anything else.
  8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Z588E down here! 28hp efi, 60'' turbo force deck.

soon will be demoing a 997 JD with rear discharge deck, Hustler with rear discharge deck, and Iseki ztr with rear discharge deck, the Iseki is so new it isn't even on their web site yet, but specs and pics in the brochure shows it is hot! I'm hoping it outperforms the others, 200kgs lighter!

The JD will be interesting, heard great things about this new model, interesting to see how the J.D r.d deck goes! Anyone seen one working, the current rear distcharge deck has been around foe awhile apparently, so maybe you guys have seen work done by one?

these are diesels btw.
  9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Exmark Lazers
    44" 20 hp lazerHP
    52" 27 hp lazerZ 6 hp trac vac system
    60" 27 hp lazerZ 6 hp trac vac system
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Comparing Exmark and Grasshopper to Walker, is like comparing apples to oranges IMO.Since We have never owed a Walker or Grasshopper, I can’t compare them to our Exmarks .
    We use Exmark Lazer Z and Lazer Z hp Z-turns. Three are getting into the ready to replace phase.

Lazer Z 60 inch Kohler engines
    Lazer Z 48 hp Kawasaki Engine
    Lazer Z 52 Hp Kawasaki Engines.