What ZTRs out there have suspension?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Dec 24, 2007.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I'm familiar with Bad Boy's rubber torsion suspension and Ferris' suspension. What other mowers offer suspension?

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I saw some new Dixie Choppers the other day that look like they have front suspension.

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

yup, sure do. Looks like Hustler does too. Bad Boy and Ferris have 4-wheel suspension though. Any other mowers have that?

4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

think I saw it on husqvarnas as well

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

The Hustlers with the flex forks and suspension seat ride good. Better control too, than a HUstler without flex forks.

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to run some ferris mowers as well as many other brands but I am now running mainly the Encore prowler mid cut with the articualting mower deck with suspension springs built in the deck! To me the ride is just as good but the mower has benefitted me in other ways that the ferris mowers did'nt.

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is very interesting, please explain how an Encore is doing a better job for you than a Ferris...

9. WREBELMACHINE

Well mainly the reason is the Encore's are now 2 yr. old with close to 2,000hrs. on them and they have never been in the shop! The ferris mowers when I was using them was constantly broke down! Now those wer actuall ferris units not the latter simplicity or now B&S units. But I bought out a company that had three of them which I have for sale. They are a year old and one of them has from the looks of it had new hydro's put on it and the other one has had a frame replaced! Both of those machines have less than 400hrs on them.

10. WREBELMACHINE

A couple of other things that I like better is the stripping is better on my terrain here and I also like the shaft drive on the mower deck! Similar to a Scag unit. But the biggest benefit for me is the dealer!