What's a 10 yr old 48" exmark worth?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by et903usa, Oct 22, 2007.

1. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

They're asking $850 OBO.

It's about 10yrs old and the hours are unknown (no meter). Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

what type of exmark is it? what motor? what shape?

3. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

It's a Metro with a Kawasaki engine (can't tell what size).

From what I can tell from the video it appears to been in good shape.

I'll find out what size engine it has...

4. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

Just found out that it has a 10.5 hp Kawasaki engine and that the machine just had a tune-up.

Maintenance has been done on time and all of the pullies and belts are in proper condition and it has

Deck has some small signs of use on it but its just cosmetic AND "I really am motivated to get rid of this, make an offer."

Thanks

Eric

5. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

A 10 year old belt\gear drive walk behind! Please look at it first! Offer $300 and neg!!!!!!

6. LeadSSled

LeadSSled LawnSite Member

How about a Turf Tracer HP, electric start, dual hydros, 48" that looks brand new in the photos? The model number is TT4815KC and the serial number is 141674. ExMark Service told me it was built in April 1997. There is no hour meter on the machine and I don't know if it was a commercial or residential machine. But it is very clean and is reported to run "perfectly" by the seller.

Asking price is $2500 or best offer. Seems a little steep for a 10-year old mower. It comes with a single wheel Velke. What would be a fair offer if it is in as good a shape as advertised?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

the number on the deck 336 look to me it was a fleet type vehicle which means commercial work....

2500 for a 10 year old hydro with unknown hours is pretty high. Pistol grip handles..yuk, and whats with the single chain on the tire? did it have a plow blade on it for pushing snow at one time......

i purchased a new scag 48" hydro last year for a tick under 5 grand with a velke, extra blades, and belts..... a mower a few years old would be worth half. that....5-10 years old you'd be lucky to get 1 grand for it....With no hours, you have no history. how do you know the oil has been changed regularly....With no hours you have no idea how old the machine really is...

I noticed the black thing in the right rear of the mower near the velke attachment point. thats is a bump stop that is extended when you remove the deck and put a plow blade on it. the blade is not as heavy as the deck so the machine wants to "wheelie" on you. that prevents it from happening. This machine has seen winter use and plow work....Id at least insist on the plow blade in the sale.

We had plows on out machines at TGLC and they had the same type of "bump stop" on em thats how I recognized it....

8. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

The asking price on the 10 yr old mower is $850 OBO (and its not the one in the pictures).

9. et903usa

et903usa LawnSite Member

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd say somewhere between 450 and 600 for the metro. 10.5hp is extremely low for a 48, even low for a 36"

k, i just looked at that video, it looks like it s a 12.5 kawasaki, there's NO air filter or cover on the carb, the safety switches are bypassed (blade engagement and it "driving" by itself"). i'd say it's someone's dog they are trying to get rid of.