What's a 2 year old Super Z worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dannyc33, Aug 25, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I have a 2 year old 60" Hustler Super Z with the Donalson air filter. It's has 460 hours on it.
    I'm going to sell it and get a 72" Lazer Z?
    What do you guys think I could get for it by either selling it to a priviate party or a dealer (possible trade in).

Any help would be greatly appreiciated
    thanks,
    dan

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

I haven't got an answer to your question. I was just curious - on this site HUSTLER is highly spoke of - why are getting rid of yours, and going to a different manufactor are you just wanting something bigger?

3. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

At least $100. But I will give you $150.:D

4. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I'm getting rid of it because of the quality or it's cut. the past few years Hustler (on theis site) has spoken of how great it's cut is, now suddenly they are admitting it's not so good (as many here have noted) because they are working on designinganother deck. this is a big problem w/ hustler they deny problems until they are ready to solve them and then admit them. Like the mulch kit, stipping kit, gas tank bushings, kohlers buring grass, no clutch on early models (mine too, until i added one), under powering problems, and many more. And I've had it in the shop over ten times in a little over a year w/ only 460 hours
    It's not as bad I make it sound but under performance ( in more than a few ways), and having the gule to lie about it until no longer neccessary is enough more me.
    Many they're final make their 72" a 72" rather than a 69" too

Dan :(

5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan,

i agree with you. since new ones go for $7500 including a 2 yr waranty, i would be surprised if you could get even $5500.

6. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I'm hoping foraround 4500.
    reading your post is the main reason I'm defecting to exmark, thanks
    Dan