what's a backhoe attachment worth?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Mar 25, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

hey guys I'm wanting to sell my backhoe attachment for my 864 bobcat. my dad bought it thinking we'd get lots of use out of it and we never really did, and of course it won't fit on my 287b. so all together it has around 150 hrs on it the best I can tell everything works great and it has all the safety recalls and upgrades that bobcat had put out over the years. I'm wanting to get rid of it to help pay for one for my sk650s... which I think we'll use more.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If it is a bigger model, like I would think it would be for a 864 they usually bring 2500-3500 at auction. For what that is worth.

3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

put it on ebay i see them going anywhere from 4 to 6,000

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow they can go for that much? That is crazy what do they go for Brand New? I personally don't like them all that much, they are limited to their reach and digging depth. I am spoiled I like a mini for tight digging and even though I don't own one I can rent them.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't sell it at aucition, you should be able to get at least $4k for it.

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i have had good luck with ebay as well as far as selling things goes...but i would check sites like ironplanet or rockanddirt...up here we have something called "Lancaster Farmer" its basically a weekly trade newspaper for farmers that have articles and classifieds and whatever you could want...theres anything from trucks to tractors, dozers, skid loaders, etc... I would put it in one of those before ebay, then maybe try contacting a dealer or two

heres a link with backhoe attachments for sale to get an idea what others are selling theirs for
    http://www.equipmenttraderonline.co...Bobcat/Keyword-backhoe/Sort-Manufacturer:ASC/

7. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

I seen a older Case model go for 2500 last week at a auction, it was in o.k. shape.

8. FosterLawnscaping

FosterLawnscaping LawnSite Member

I paid 2100 for a Bradco 9hd last year on ebay. I paid 1500 for a bobcat 709 last year then sold it on ebay for 2100. If yours is one of the bigger heavy ones like a 909 or bigger you should get a hair better than 4000 on ebay or low 3s at auction.

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Sold one on e-bay this summer, nice shape, model 709, with a like new (might have been new) spare bucket, got $3300

10. Bombi275

Bombi275 LawnSite Member

Sold my 811 last week with a 24" bucket at auction for $6,100.00. Dealer offered me $3,500. Wouldn't fit my new T320.