Whats a better handle?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heyfishguy, Jul 22, 2005.

1. heyfishguy

heyfishguy LawnSite Member

Hello I am just wondering what you guys use out their for line trimmers. What is more comfortable to use for trimming and edging a machine with a loop or D- style handle or one with the big bycicle handles.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Normal line trimmers use the D style handles, while most brush cutters utilize the bicycle style handles.

My trimmers all have the D style handles. I would think the bicycle style would be difficult to use for normal, everyday line trimming.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, I think bicycle handles are for brush cutters which is the next step up, thou you CAN mount them on weed-eaters, a brush cutter is more powerful and the bike handles would be awkward to deal with on regular yard trims.

If you want some improvement, when I was new I really liked the shoulder strap, saved me some wear and tear until I got used to the weight.

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The bicycle handlebars are for BRUSH cutters, not string trimmers, the D handle you use daily is much more efficient in that its not awkward to use like the bike handles are, they're designed for maximum swing force when cutting big ugly crap like sapllings or such thick vegitation.