Whats a Common Residential Fertilizer Shedual?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Can somebody please help me out, I have a customer who wants me to put him on a shedual to make his grass real thick and green, what should I use to put down, and how many times a year/season do I repeat this method!!

2. Well.....what does his lawn need?
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What is a "shedual"??:confused:
  4. I thinks he means schedule
  5. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

lol, ignore my spelling,

But...You tell me....

Im new to all of this... What should I use to make his lawn Green, what type of fertilizer, and where should I get it?
  6. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of grass? What does the soil sample say?
  7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Take a soil sample.
    Get it tested.
    Follow the advice of the lab based on what the soil needs.
  8. A soil sample will tell you what the lawn is missing.

Most cool turf needs 4# of N per a season, some of that you get by discharging or mulching the clippings, and leaving them in the lawn.

4 apps should do the trick if using the right product.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Good advice there...also, do you have a Lesco dealer there or any other fertilizer dealer in your area? They will know something more related to you region. Take your soil sample to your local extension service then they will give you advice....along the lines of what Green Pastures suggested.

10. Correct me if I am wrong, but a soil sample will tell you what's missing, it doesn't tell you what you need for normal maintenance.