What's a customer worth?

Discussion in '1800-Free411.com' started by Free411, May 22, 2007.

?

How much would you pay for a new customer?

1. Would never pay to get a customer

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. < $5

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. $5 - $25

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. $25 -$50

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. $50 +

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Free411

Free411 Banned
    from NY

How much would you pay for a hot lead? I am curious to see the results of the poll to see if our service is priced at a good value for this industry.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I'd honestly want a client that I'd have to pay for. That means i am getting a client based soley on how much money I have to give rather than the price and quality of my work.

Of course if you buy a company out its a bit different...

3. Free411

Free411 Banned
    from NY

I think that depends upon how you define paying for a customer. When you print brochures and mail them out, you are also spending an X amount per customer. Perhaps how much would you spend would have been better.

4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Your poll is not quite right.

A customer is worth a lot more than a hot lead.

Looks like you're selling hot leads.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It all depends on the quality of the customer & the amount of money they will bring in.

6. Free411

Free411 Banned
    from NY

Thank you, I have changed the description however I couldn't change the poll question anymore.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I never did door hangers, I never advertised in the yellow pages or the news papers. I only placed ads in HOA newsletters in the neighborhoods I wanted to work. I did have signs on all trucks and trailers as well.

I also gave my customers gift cards(up to 50 bucks) if they referred someone who signed up on a yearly contract. Basically 5% of the gross value....

So to get a signed yearly mowing contract worth more than a grand I'd gladly spend 50 bucks. Basically 5% of the gross value....But getting my clients to refer me to others you really can't put a price on...

I can drive around neighborhoods and look at commercial sites and generate leads based off of work that I see being done that is not being done correctly or being done poorly.