1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats a good amount of income a week for a solo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by contourbs, Sep 9, 2004.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i started about a month ago full time im a solo operation and bringing in about 1200 a week. Now thats not all profit but all of my equipment is paid for so is this a good start? Also i work only about 4 days a week. It may be low but i live in Florida?
  2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang the first year you are bringing in 1200 a week? You are truly blessed. Took me till the beginning of my third year to even approach those numbers. Still growing but just about maxxed out on the work I can do by myself. Now have a helper but like so many before me have found , I am still doing most of the work but only am keeping a much smaller piece of the pie. :cry:
  3. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

How much did you pay for your equipment, and how many years do you figure you can get out of it? Do you put a percentage of that money away for replacing and upgrading equipment? Tony
  4. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

im putting most of it away for what ever happens in the future. I started by calling one lease/ property agent and they gave me all of there houses which equals to about 45 houses a week. These people are always looking for extra lawn care needs. Yeah somethings the grass is really tall,but for 70 dollars and a hour of work aint bad.
  5. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

All you guys in Florida may have to save your pennies just to survive this hurrican season. Wouldn't want to be in any of your shoes this year. Good luck, hope your success continues.
  6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say you're doing pretty good right now. Wish I had that kind of start. I hit $1200 at the start of my third year. Keep it up