whats a good commerical lawn mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by backtobasicslawncare, Dec 23, 2006.

1. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

next year im thinking about buying a commerical mower whats a good kind that will last for awhile im going to be doing bigger lawns next year.
  2. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Ask around theyre all good find out whos a good dealer, Toro, scag, bobcat etc .Find a dealer with a good reputation= service etc. you can get a good deal on a leftover!! Check the sponsers above then figure out what YOU need do you have gates to deal with? Alot of times you can answer your own questions, Last year I ran around with a tape measure checking gates found out a 36 in. would work out well got a good deal on a leftover 05 bobcat!! Well have fun shopping !! MERRY CHRISTMAS TOM:waving:
  3. gmadison

gmadison LawnSite Member

the most important thing it to have a dealer who can service and repair your equipment close to were you live and work. also make sure they have loaner equipment so if yours is down for a week you wont get backed up and have upset customers.
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I would have to agree either Toro Z master 60" or 72" or Scag, Exmark and at least 25hp with either of those deck sizes.
  5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

yea these are nice mowers, but most people arent looking to spend 10 grand on a mower.
  6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

OMG, here we go again.

There is a search feature above that you can use. THis topic has been beat to death............

But since you asked, I will answer. Go buy an eXmark. Period...........
  7. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

It really what you can afford, dealer support and what will work the best for you. something that will save you time and make more money.
  8. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Research. Don't be in a hurry to buy, and be as informed as possible. I haven't found a commercial mower at a cheap price yet. Know what you need the mower to be able to do, and how you will be using it. Don't forget you need to get one you'll have dealer support with. I promise asking what is a good mower lawn site is like asking for everyones opinion, and we all know what opinions are like and everyone has one. You know the rest.

Good luck.
  9. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

well i dont have much money im thinking of getting a 50" cub cadet zero turn for about $4000 until i can afford a dixie chopper or exmark.

Thanks For The Help
  10. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

For $4000.00 you can get a really good walk-behind. A hydro walk-behind with a velke is a great commercial mower. I'm not going to recommend a specific make, because you need to research what you will be buying. I do caution you that buying a residential ZTR is a bad mistake.

On a personal note, I'm orgionally from TN. Where are you at.