whats a good gas powered hedge clipper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QuadRacer041, Jul 19, 2003.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

in the market for one, what do u guys recommend?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

The lightest.

3. I just purchased an echo 1500 and am very happy with it, try doing a search this topic is discussed often.

Steve :cool:

4. Ya, no kiddin, Lol :blob3:

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo HC 150. Light enough to run all day. Reasonably priced too.

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

My favorite is the TMC. Fastest blade speed on the market. Unfortunately the distributor in my area is a tard. Can't get parts or new machines. I do have a stock of parts that has run thin and have begun parting out from older machines. I have 9 in inventory.

Other than the TMC. Redmax has a very nice machine. Lighter than TMC, a bit slower blade speed. Much Quieter. Blades hold the edge for a while. 5 in inventory.

Not familiar with the Echo. Think I did not like the design, definitely did not like the Stihl design

7. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

do yall prefer the 20" or 24" blade length?

8. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I will have to agree with everyone else and say the echo 1500, it light weight and plenty of power.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Stihl HS 45!

10. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Greenman,

Why would you buy a "Homescaper" hedge clipper to use commercially? Stihl admits that it is a home owner light duty machine.

I have used Echo HC-1500 (now 150's) for years with excellent service. They have lasted me as long as 5 seasons which I feel is excellent. I have recently swiched to the HCR-150 (rotating handle) because we are doing more and more hedges.

Echo HC-150, HCR-150 are excellent machines at very reasonable prices!!