whats a good per hour rate?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by ADVANTEC LAWNS, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ADVANTEC LAWNS

ADVANTEC LAWNS LawnSite Member

what should i charge per hour for pressure washing houses, trailers etc.and what kinda ad should i run for this kinda service? :confused:.

2. Jack Kramer

Jack Kramer LawnSite Member

When it comes to residential work you are best to price per job and not by hour. A house wash that costs $350.00 may take 1.5 hours, you would not want to tell your customer that you charge about $200.00 per hour.

Hope this helps.

3. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

- figure out what YOU need per hour to stay in business
    - figure out how long it will take your crew to do the job

that will give you the hourly rate.

4. Titus Lawn Care

Titus Lawn Care LawnSite Member

From what I have gatherd talking to other folks its best to charge by the Square Foot depending on what your washing.

Houses - $150 - $600 Flat Price

Driveways & Sidewalks - $75 - $200 Flat Price

Roofs - Cedar Shake $.60 - $.90 per Sq Ft.
    Composition Roofs - $.10 - $.30 per Sq Ft.

Mobile Homes - Single Wide - $40 - $55
    Double Wide - $50 - 65
    anything bigger $100 and up.

On the flat price jobs just use your best judment on how long it will take you. Hope this helps.

5. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

I normally run about 0.15/SF. for houses. Equipment would be about 90 per hour.

6. Houston Tx Roof Cleaning

Houston Tx Roof Cleaning LawnSite Member
    from Katy Tx

I usually base my power washing charge on how dirty the area is, the material that I am cleaning, approximate size and how long it will take me to clean it. How dirty the area is will tell you how much house cleaning solution i will take. The price of cleaning solution varies from one local to another. In Houston Texas the average price for cleaning a hardi plank 1 story home is approx $175 and a 2 story is approx $275.

Ad type? Do you mean where to advertise? If so try subdivision newsletters, internet web site, & direct mail. These three work in my area. Here is an example of my direct mail ad embedded in my web site.