Whats a good power washer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Oct 16, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

hey guys
    I am thinking about doing some power washing, and i wanted to know what a good brand and model powerwasher is and how much i should expect to pay for that
    thanks

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Dewalt 2800 psi that does a good job on driveways and sidewalks. I gave up on washing homes. There are guys here that have trailers with hot water that are pressure washing homes for $150 including hand washing the gutters. They do a great job but I can not compete and will not try to. The last home I did ended up with some sort of a short in an outdoor electrical outlet that I paid an electrician to fix and basically they received a free house wash.

3. recycledsole

from MD

oh really?

4. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

I got one from northern tool co 4000 psi cat pump,13hp honda = $1400.00 i just love it .lots of POWER:cool2:

5. Jimer

Jimer LawnSite Member

Any one with a cat or a general pump. Cat is the best thought. But the life of those things all depends on operator and maintenance like anything else. Don't let them run for any length of time without flowing water, because that is how the pump cools off. Letting it run without pulling the trigger on the wand creates a lot of heat. Not many people around here know that though.

6. recycledsole

from MD

thanks for the info

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

If its a decent pump it should have a bypass that is thermo activated...even our Dewalt has this.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to mention to the OP that most liability insurance probably wont cover water damage in the event he blasts a window and it leaks down into sill plate and ruins floor and if its a two story, damages ceiling underneath.

9. sterlinglawns

sterlinglawns LawnSite Member

ptstate.com has some legit washers, thats where I got mine.