Whats a good price for this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ar_blazeman, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ar_blazeman

ar_blazeman LawnSite Member

I got a call today from a guy who has a mower for sale thinking that I might be interested in it. He said that he'd like to get rid of it because he is moving and won't need it to cut his place with any more. It was described to me as a TORO PRO Line 37 hydro with a 15hp Kohler and right at 900 hours with a sulky all in good condition. He says "make me an offer". I have no idea where to start? Any info you guys can give me on it? Pros / cons and a high / low price range?

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

2. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

Never mention a number first. Always let the other person mention a number then bargain from there.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Say you'll give him $250 for and then see want he says.......

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

$750.00 should cover it.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

hell Man Go look at it first.........

never bid a job b4 u c it,

6. ar_blazeman

O.K. here are some pics, says he'd like to see $1500 for it. Guide me, what do you think?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:dizzy: yea i would not give $1500 for that:hammerhead::hammerhead: .....find out what year it is too....

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him good luck. $750 maybe $800 but thats it.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Another antique?

You really should've gotten model and serial number, but more so to satisfy my curiosity as to what year it is, that thing looks to be at least 10 years old, heck my 9 y.o. looks as good if not slightly better.

Because here's the thing... Idk about you but things around my town are high and dry, a serious shortage of cash and work is going all around. Nobody's really in the market for buying right now, probably why this desperado called you, got tired of waiting.

And it's such a small deck, I don't have a use for this off sized whack of 37", it still won't fit through a 3-foot gate, and by the time we get to the 4 foot gates, the smallest deck I would consider is a 44" but I really like 48".

So it's a hydro, but all mine are gear drives, I don't have no use for it.

500 cash.
    Sorry, it's all I have.

10. ar_blazeman

Thanks for your all's input. NO way would I give what he's asking either, just trying to keep my "get something for nothing" side of me in check ;) I haven't seen it in person, those pics came from the seller after I asked for them. Who knows those pics might be 10 years old themselves.