What's a good price to pay for used dingo auger set?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Popper357, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I know someone selling the high torque head, 30" 18" and 8" augers for my dingo. They all seem in good shape. He's got an asking price and sounded pretty firm. I'll post it once I've heard a few comments.

I've looked through many posts for prices and think they cost about $4k new and I can't find any others for sale right now to compare with.
    Thanks

2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I know that my high torque auger head that swivels side to side and front to back which basically lets itself get perfecly level when you are on hills before you start drilling cost $2,480.00 plus about $696 for the 30" bit, $506 for the 18" bit and $369 for the 12" bit. So you are rite around 4K for that set up brand new. I will tell you that I wished I had know that they made a 36" bit for the Dingo when I bought it. It would be that much more room when planting a 28" diameter root balled tree and alot less hand digging when you I need to plant a 36" diameter tree.

Good luck and if you get it for 3K or less then you are getting a pretty decent deal.

3. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Gilla Thanks for the info.
    This high torqe head only swivels on one axis, sadly. But I guess that can be worked around with patience. Person I bought my dingo from is selling this setup for $2800. I'm going to think about it tonight. I'm just starting in landscaping still, so I don't know if I'll use this stuff very much yet. It's interesting though because the items don't seem to lose much value and could be resold if needed.