What's a good spray tank set-up?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Aug 30, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Keep in mind i might do trees and shrups also.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If you spray weeds. And also spray trees and shrubs. You need two sprayers--keep them separate. The risk of weed killer contamination of tree spray is too great. The liability is too high--and your insurance might not cover certain off-label actions.

Scroll up and click on the Gregson Clark icon. They have a great selection. Buy in pairs.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Tuflex 300 gallon split tank (185/115) with two Hannay hose reels w/400 ft of 1/2 inch hoses, 2 Honda engines, 2 Hypro pumps (D30/D50). Real slick!

Let me know if you want pics of ours, and I post a couple. (we run Chevy HD2500 trucks with these)

4. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

here is what I use, Lesco tanks work good for me-- better pictures under services. www.candbcustomlawns.com

5. phopkins

phopkins LawnSite Member

6. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Dawg....nice setup, I like your F550.

I bought a 16' Landscape trailer to haul our spray equip around on, I was originally figuring on a flatbed dually, but insurance & payments, just scared me a bit. My trailer is covered no matter which of my trucks pulls it, & I can fit a bunch more stuff on it if I need to..........I'm giving my secrets away....oh well, If it helps someone, I'm glad.

Chris

7. americanlawn

from midwest

Here's one of our spray trucks that is used for lawns + trees/shrubs. It's a 300 gallon tuflex (American-made) split tank (185/115). 8.0 hsp Honda w/Hypro (Italian-made) D-50 (trees), 5.5 hsp Honda w/Hypro D-30 (lawn). Tree/shrub = JD-9 gun or tree rifle. Lawn = TeeJet (American-made) lawn gun.

These are very versitile spray units........the 8.0 Honda & D-50 in the pic were actually installed in 1993, and they still perform like new. I think the Tuflex tank is about 12 years old. Note the American-made Spyker Super 88 lawn spreader on the back end.:usflag:

spray rig 003.jpg

spray rig 001.jpg

spray rig 002.jpg

8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

American,

Those are SHURflo electric backpack sprayers? Have you had good success with them?

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Yes they are, and we absolutely love 'em.

Two problems with them:

1) the factory guns that come with them shell out quickly, so we switched them out with TeeJett guns ...... never any problems since.
    2) the PC boards went bad after about six months on six of ten of our units, but now they all are working fine.

We only have to charge the batteries once every week or two depending on use.

They have four spray settings (slow to fast), and they get the jobs done faster than any pump-up unit we ever had. Some of units are just over a year old, and the rest we bought in early spring.

You can buy 'em on ebay now for about $170 including shipping.

NOTE: the spray rig tanks --- they have quick diconnect fittings so we can fill 300 gallons in less than four minutes.:waving:

10. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for that input. I'll probably pick one up for my next BP. I used some gas powered units years ago but they were too heavy and too expensive to justify for what I'm using them for now.

Almost every stock wand is garbage :D. I put quick connectors on all of them to to mix and match aftermarket guns/wands.

Nice touch on the tanks, does that qualify as a legal air gap?