1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats A Lawn Sweep?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whacked_46, Mar 21, 2002.

1. whacked_46

whacked_46 LawnSite Member

I have been talking with a contractor the last week and a half about buying a lawn sweep. I kinda have an idea what it does, but would like a detailed description.

I am also wondering if they are worth buying. He will take my offer for $550.00. And it is only 3 years old.
    Good offer???

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I don't want to be too mean here or bash you, but if you don't know what a piece of equipment does, why are you thinking about buying it?

Don't buy something just because someone tells you you can use it and it is a good deal, save your resources for equipment that you can use to make money.
  3. whacked_46

whacked_46 LawnSite Member

Sorry, i may have frased it wrong like i always seem too. I want to know what other usefull uses you can use a lawn sweep to do.
  4. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly is a lawn sweep... a rotary broom? What do you do with it?
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I dunno turfquip, but that seems like a good price whatever it is!
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the laugh :D
  7. :D :D Yur lawn sweep is like a mechanical chimney sweep fur them fine northern turf grasses. Lotz of canadian folks are burnin' wood this winter to save $$ heatin bills. Ash, soot and creosote build up on the lawns limits growth and can lead to nasty grass fires during summer droughts, a real concern now with the lack of rain in many areas. I suggest you purchase this important piece of equipment at any price as soon as possible. Chimney sweeps rarely offer this service as they become dizzy on horizontal surfaces, preferring roofs and ladders as much as possible. Many of them played chutes and ladders as children. You are a gonna to be rich!:blob3:
  8. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I agree.Here in Australia I've never seen snow before,but I have
    purchased several of these wonderful machines.Just in case I ever
    see snow and therefore must burn some wood. Because of these
    machines,purchased at no small cost,I have made fabulous
    amounts of money. I would wholeheartedly recomend that you
    purchase as many of these machines as you can afford. You may
    even wish to take out a second mortgage. You will gain
    fantastic wealth.