1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's a reasonable price for 36" Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aVOLanche, May 28, 2004.

1. aVOLanche

aVOLanche LawnSite Member

I have an opportunity to buy a very lightly used(residential),3 year old Exmark Viking hydro 36".What's a reasonable deal?I gotta drive 600 miles round trip to pick it up,too.Local dealer said $4299 for a new one(don't know how much they will discount it).Thanks!
  2. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Exmark Viking Hydro fresh out of the crate with Bagger 4872.00
  3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't pay anymore than $1200 for it.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here a 36" TTHP goes for $4400 + tax new. I bought one a couple years ago for $3700 no tax with about 20-30 hours on it. A buddy of mine was trying to sell his (TTHP) for around $3500. I think you can find a better deal.
  5. aVOLanche

aVOLanche LawnSite Member

$1200 seems awfully cheap for a 3 year old,very low hours machine.Especially when a new one is 4x as much.
  6. stoneseller

stoneseller LawnSite Member
    from MD Z7

If that viking is in good shape, I'd think about 1/2 the price of a new one, about $2k. I just bought a brand new 36" Viking 2 weeks ago for $3899 plus tax. I have to say it is an incredable machine. VERY easy to manuver, clean smooth cuts, and quite easy to get used to operating. I had a 36" Bunton belt WB for about 5 years. I can't believe how much better the Viking is.
    Maybe offer $1800 site unseen, then negotiate from there once you have inspected the unit in person.
    Does it have the ECS controls like the new models?