what's a striping roller?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Feb 24, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what is it? how much it cost? does it really work? does it slow down/hinder production? thank you

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Are you serious? Seems like being a member for over 3 years, and well over 3000 post, you might would have heard of one by now. LOL. Try the search yet? If that doesn't work, I'll fill you in.

3. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

If it worked your'd find it at your dealer/supplier! It's a stripping of your wallet! sells for $25 which is $25 too much!

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

metro, fill me in

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

A PM kool Bobby?

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

ok, but no cyber sex

7. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

It's a weighted roller you hook behind your mower to create a nice stripe in your lawns. It basically bends the grass over. Here is a picture of a lawn I mowed with a 21" mower with a striping kit.

jolliffe front.jpg

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Wha..wha...what?? Uh..they DO work, and well might I add, and they aren't even close to $25.00, much more, and there are more than once kind. Yes, Bobby, I think you would benefit from one, they do not hinder production at all. I have the turflex one for my 36", the kind in the other post with the chains and rollers on the end. I plan on getting the roller for my LazerZ.

9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Let It Grow - what weight did you add to the roller? I added sand but it doesnt seem heavy enough!

10. if you have the one from inventtek....i used 4 cartons of BB'S and sand made the roller about 35 lbs.