1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's a........

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Acute Cut, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

ok, i am applying for stupidest question of the week here. I did a search and did not find what i was looking for. (Granted i may have not used right word or seach or something)

Is there a place or site that kind of defines what all of these attachments do Exactly? i.e. harly, vs box rake, and scrapers and why a 4 in 1 box looks exactly like any other box, etc.

I am buying a skid steer next year and am doing research on all of these to decide what i want to play with next year.

and a gee wiz for you web brainiacs, is there a compactor attachment that would fit the front of a skid steer? I saw one somewhere that would fit a dingo, but what about a skid steer?
    (For base work on pavers)

Thanks all for your time
  2. Shane472

Shane472 LawnSite Member

If you're purchasing a bobcat skid steer you can check their website (www.bobcat.com) for information on all the attachments. I find they offer the most landscaping related attachments for skid steers of any brand on the market. Also, almost all skid steer manufactures offer compactors.

A 4 in 1 box may look like a regular bucket but it is nothing like one. The bucket opens in the middle (the front half folds up) so the bucket can be used as a dozer blade or a grapple.
  3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i can see a grapple application, but a dozer? interesting, you learn something new every day. Thanks shane472
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Acute Cut,

Here is a site. Click image for link.