what's alot of hours on a machine??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bw, Jun 15, 2000.

1. LiVe2

LiVe2 LawnSite Member

Yea 9000 is a lot, its a 150 hp tractor and the A/C still works good. All my smaller mowers have less then 100 hr on them I just got them a couple months ago.
  2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

My tractor is at about 11000 hrs at present.<br>Motor still runs like new. On it's second<br>clutch.Nothing else touched. 1500-2000 hrs<br>would sound about right for a rider.<p>Karl<br>
  3. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I was putting on about 800 hours per mower a year doing some residentials(25) and mostly cemeterys(4) & never had major problems with either toro(just belts etc..)<br>My new Toro has 250 on it already in a little over a month(going non-stop)due to larger contracts this year<br>My old Hustler251K has over 3500 hours on it now and is used as a back up machine<br>(basically retired now)
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have 2,860 hours on 1 Chopper with a Kohler Command 22 HP. It still runs like new and sounds strong yet. I've had next to 0 problems with it. My new diesel Chopper with the Yanmar, they figure it should get an average of 12,000 hours out of that engine and hydros, so I'll let you know in about 20 years if I got that many hours out of it. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence