1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats an H2b worker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atproperty, Feb 6, 2005.

1. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

I was reading previous threads. Whats an H2b. If its a good but cheap laborer where do I find one. Do they drive? I hope this is not a stupid question.
  2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I only know a little about H2B workers. You can do a search in yahoo and really learn alot. Basically they are workers from other countries, ie. Mexico, and they have legal visas. So, the beauty is, they are legal, and you don't have to pay them all year. You are supposed to pay them fair wage according to your market. I think it could be a good way to go.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

good idea send more work to people from other countries and then when your children grow up and cant get a job blame yourself :dizzy: :dizzy:
  4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I would hope my children would want to make more then minimum wage.

i was just using it as a scenario . plus i think everyone makes over min wage in the us doing lawn care or landscaping . well at least in my state they do.

one of the reasons this country is so F%cked up is because of H2B workers .
  7. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I think as part of it you must provide them housing as well. I heard all of the Visas for this year are already used up.
  8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree I am not for hiring from out of the country. The sad part is finding good help now days is like finding a 2 ct. diamond in your backyard. H2B workers come to work and they work hard or they know they're going back home. Maybe if some of the younger people just starting out in the work force knew if they didnt start learning some good work ethics that the future may not hold many jobs for them. To many kids just have everything handed to them.
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

LOL!! Yeah, that's the reason! LOL!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Oh brother! Yeah, I want my kid to grow up and run a string trimmer all his life.
    Damn! Those H2B's screwed up his chances. Now what will he do??? LOL!

P.S. That's if I had a kid.