whats an ocdc?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mr mow, May 20, 2006.

1. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

i know it may be dumb to some,but ive been mowing for awhile, now for myself. maybe its from the dealer and talking about new equip. and maybe i already know what it is but the acyronmyn(?) ocdc what does it mean? what does it do? i ask the second question in case i didnt understand the first. ASK QUESTIONS, ASK QUESTIONS, ASK QUESTIONS!!!

ITS THE ONLY WAY YOUR EVER GOINNG TO LEARN!!!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Operator Controlled Discharge Chute. It's a device invented and patented by Dixie Chopper that allows the operator of a mower to open and close a cover over the mower deck discharge so as to control the discharge of grass clippings from a deck.

3. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

same idea as the"blade blocker"

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda, with a blade blocker you usually have to get off the mower to remove it. With an OCDC you can open and close it from the operator's position.

5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere has the same set up on their new "Mulch on demand" mower decks. You can work it while seated.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ohhhh ok well on a Wb what I always do is remove the spring that holds it down...

Granted you have to step off the velke but now you can flip it up on the deck with your hand and it stays there (thou a good bump might reset it), I do this all the time, finally we understand each other, yes that is very cool to be able to control the chute and I can see on a Z why you wouldn't want to unmount every time, thou how about a rope with handle LOL ?!